A very crazy wild ride from Napa to Muir Woods to the beaches of Sausalito and here we are in San Francisco. An unexpected surprise was actually watching Race 18 of the America's Cup while having lunch. We found the same restaurant, the Franciscan, that I had dinner in the last time I was here......1966. The Wharf has changed considerably, becoming a tourist area of junk shops and restaurants but also the center of the America's Cup for most of this month. The US is now tied with the Kiwis, who were ahead by four a few days ago. Tomorrow, weather permitting, the 19th and last race will be held. No wonder Oracle is having a two week International Conference here in town. It should be a good day for sightseeing while everyone else is watching the race.
We took a cable car up to the Mark Hopkins Hotel and had a cocktail and snack at the Top of the Mark. I took pictures from severa windows just as I had back in 1966, the last time I was here.
No comments:
Post a Comment